As we age, our skin experiences several changes that can impact its appearance and health. These changes can include a decrease in collagen production, a loss of elasticity, and a reduction in natural oil production. As a result, the skin may become drier, thinner, and more prone to wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots.
To combat these changes and maintain the youthful, vibrant complexion you desire, you need facial products formulated for aging skin. At Charette Cosmetics, we understand the best anti-aging ingredients in facial products, from how they work to which ones work the best.
Our exclusive line of clean, vegan, and gluten-free products can help you replenish lost moisture, boost collagen production, and promote cell turnover for a smoother, more radiant complexion.
Understanding Aging Skin
As we age, our skin undergoes many changes that impact its health and appearance. That’s why most people seek out the best anti-aging skincare products in their 40s. This age is when the first signs of changes in the skin tend to be more noticeable. Some of the common signs of aging include:
- Loss of elasticity: As the skin's natural production of collagen and elastin decreases, it loses its ability to maintain firmness, elasticity, and structure.
- Skin thinning: Thin skin is due to a decrease in collagen, elastin and natural levels of hyaluronic acid coupled with a reduction in oil production.
- Loss of moisture: It’s normal for aging skin to become dry, rough and more prone to wrinkles and age spots as it loses moisture. Plus, more mature skin has a more difficult time retaining moisture within the skin.
Sagging skin and wrinkles: As the skin weakens and its internal structure begins to lack support, the skin starts to take on a saggy appearance, making wrinkles and fine lines more pronounced and the skin less vibrant.
- Skin conditions: Aging skin may be more prone to conditions such as rosacea, adult acne, and eczema.
The Best Ingredients in Facial Products for Aging Skin
When easing the signs of aging for radiant, youthful skin, choosing the best skincare products with proven ingredients is important.
Retinoids are derived from vitamin A and help improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage by increasing cell turnover and stimulating collagen production. At Charette Cosmetics, we prefer lower doses of retinol (encapsulated retinols) because it is gentler on the skin yet equally as effective.
Hyaluronic acid is a molecule that occurs naturally in the body and holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water. This makes it an excellent ingredient (in synthetic forms) for moisturizing aging skin and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect the skin from environmental damage like pollution and harsh UV rays. It also helps to stimulate collagen production and brighten the skin, erasing signs of discoloration and past damage, making it an effective ingredient in facial products for aging skin.
Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs)
AHAs are a group of acids, such as glycolic and lactic acid, that exfoliate the skin to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone. They work by dissolving the bonds between dead skin cells, allowing them to be sloughed off more easily.
These are short chains of amino acids (the building blocks of proteins) that naturally occur in the body. Peptides are used in the best anti-aging facial products because they can help to improve skin’s hydration by strengthening the skin barrier.
Tips for Choosing Facial Products for Aging Skin
Understanding key anti-aging ingredients and how they work makes it easier to choose the right products for your skin type and concerns:
- Identifying your specific concerns will help you to select products that address your current skin issues.
- Key ingredients to look for in facial products for aging skin include retinoids, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and peptides.
- The concentration of active ingredients in skincare products can vary, so it is important to choose those that contain percentages that are appropriate for your skin type and concerns.
How to Incorporate These Ingredients into Your Skincare Routine
Charette Cosmetics’ facial products for aging skin utilize the best ingredients for optimal results. Our Anti-Aging Pack includes the following:
An effective skincare routine for anti-aging should include a neck cream consisting of effective ingredients that target aging skin, such as peptides to stimulate collagen production and provide a lifting effect. We suggest incorporating Firm + Lift into your anti-aging skincare routine as the first step, every day.
- Supercharged active ingredients in Firm + Lift help accelerate cell reproduction and promote restructuring of the fiber network
- Works on two levels: stimulating collagen synthesis and reinforcing the inter-cellular matrix, for better cohesion, suppleness and skin tone, ensuring the skin's elasticity is maintained
- Contains squalane, a powerful antioxidant with anti-aging properties that neutralizes environmental damage
- Relies on peptides and botanical extracts to support a more collagen-rich appearance, leaving skin feeling smoother and tighter with less visible fine lines and wrinkles
The eyes can speak volumes about your age, which is why it is important to care for the delicate skin around them to minimize the look of under-eye circles, puffiness, fine lines, and wrinkles. We suggest incorporating Refresh + Tighten into your daily skincare routine as step #2.
- Each ingredient in Refresh + Tighten works to improve the skin around the eyes
- Avocado oil helps maintain skin hydration while minimizing damage from free radicals
- 90% green tea polyphenols and a powerful blend of other antioxidants calm and soothe skin while quenching free radicals
- Peptides support proper tissue fluid balance while helping to enhance skin firmness and elasticity
More Tips For Incorporating The Best Ingredients
For more insight about an effective anti-aging skincare routine that incorporates the best, most effective ingredients, explore these blog articles:
- How to Choose An Anti-Aging Moisturizer
- How Skincare Routine Helps With Fine Lines, Wrinkles and Aging
Why Choose Charette Cosmetics For Aging Skin
Charette Cosmetics brings a whole new approach to the world of cosmetic treatments, including products designed for aging skin. Founded by Paul Charette, a medical aesthetician and cosmetic practitioner, Paul's extensive aesthetic education, unparalleled techniques, and attention to detail are evident in every aspect of Charette Cosmetics. Shop our lineup of products online or connect with us on socials to see amazing skin transformations from real customers.